All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 08-20-2006, 12:17 PM
Barracuda

Robert has a spectacular aura about
Default La Jolla 8/20

Got down to La Jolla at 5:00. Drew and I met up with Jackie and Bob at the
launch. Lots of kayaks on the beach this morning. Our plan was to fish with
artificials today. On the water by 6:00 A.M. Took a small wave to the kisser
on the way out. Nice wake up call! Water was nice. Around 72 degrees. I was only using 15 lb outfits today. We passed the can and started trolling. I had a Rattletrap on and wasn't getting any action. We came upon a spot of boiling
bait. It sounded like rain falling on the water. I switched over to a 1 oz blue mac Krocadile. I picked up and released just short cuda that fought pretty good. Then I caught a nice 4 lb bonito that was a blast on the light tackle. I kept it for some broiled teriyaki bonito kabobs over rice later. The ocean was rolling pretty good out there today. There was also a good North to South current. Not much wind today. We stopped on some more bait schools for no takers. The Dolphin and The New Seaforth pulled in after a while. We fished near the Dolphin, but not too close, for a while. I picked up another short cuda on the Kroc. We trolled around for a while and threw to diving birds and boiling bait schools for nada. Off the water by 9:30. It was pretty slow today
, but a lot of fun. Landed dry today. Another good day on the water with some great friends. Didn't see too many people hooked up today or any yellows landed. Oh well, we'll get 'em next time!

Teriyaki Bonito Kababs Over Rice

Robert

Last edited by Robert; 08-20-2006 at 07:50 PM.