All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 08-27-2006, 05:43 PM
Barracuda

Robert has a spectacular aura about
Default La Jolla 8/27 Bones!

Drew and I were on the beach at La Jolla Shores a little after 5:00 A.M. There were lots of kayaks and skiffs on the beach ready to launch. Freddie rolled up and unloaded a short time later and we launched at 5:45. It was lumpy today. There was also some texture to the surface of the water. Little or no wind most of the day. I picked up a couple of smaller bones trolling the green mac kroc. There were a few swells that my bow was catching air on today. We trolled all over outside the point. There was still a North to South current like last weekend. The water was warm. Around 72 in some places. I switched over to the jointed Rebel Spoonbill plug and started hooking up to the bonito right away. Didn't see any yellows caught on the water today. The bonito are always fun though.

Off the water by 11:00. A great time fishing! As usual the beach was chaotic!
Swimmers, tourists on kayaks, and scuba divers all mixed together with the fishing kayaks trying to land. Surf was small. The driveway was jammed. I'm glad we parked in the hood and wheeled our kayaks down to the beach. We rolled right past all that nonsense on the way out with no problems.

Robert
Old 08-27-2006, 07:36 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: La Jolla 8/27 Bones!

Robert,
Thanks for the report, and sorry to hear you didn't get any YT's there. Some other guys got some the day before, but at least you got out to fish and got some bonies with a few friends . I went to Boaters World today and picked up the Plano watertight box that fits behind the seat bucket on my Big Game. I also test fit another cooler the same size as the old cooler based bait tank I made five years ago and have been have been holding onto, and it looks like it will drop right in the tankwell easily behind the Plano box with room to spare. Now all I have to do is take it out local the first few times and make sure it doesn't have leaks in it before heading offshore with it. See 'ya out there soon

PerryC.
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube